Cardiff Airport Children’s Facilities
Advice for travelling with children
- Passengers travelling with children may find that some airlines cater to younger passengers by providing colouring sheets and activities for them to do on the plane. However, not all airlines do this, so it’s always worth being prepared and bringing your own means of distraction. Airport Parking Shop have written a very informative blog full of advice on flying with babies and toddlers, including what to do about food, sleep and what provisions several airlines have in place.
- Make a list of everything you will need. New security measures mean that you can only carry a limited amount of baby food and drink onto the plane in a clear plastic bag; the bag must be no larger than 20cm by 20cm. Make sure you prepare for this to avoid any problems at security.
- If your children are a bit older, we have some fantastic tips on how to keep them entertained on long journeys, be it in the air or in the car!
- Will you be hiring a car when you reach your destination? If so, did you know that child seats are a requirement throughout Europe? If you have children under 12, make sure you hire a child seat, too. If you have your own ISOFIX car seat, you may want to bring that along with you to save you some money!
If you require any more information on child seat laws in the UK, head over to the Department for Transport website.
In some cases, your child may need to travel without you, which can be a scary thought in itself! However, there are more unaccompanied minors flying the skies than you might think, so airports and airlines have lots in place to put your mind at ease. From ticket prices to a step by step guide to the process, this Can my child fly alone? guide should answer all the questions you have.
At Cardiff Airport
- Changing: Baby changing facilities are available in all toilets throughout the terminal.
- In-Flight: Some airlines provide goodie bags and colouring activities and depending on your flight type and airline, inflight movies may also be available. Please contact your airline for more information.
- Shopping and eating at Cardiff Airport: You’ll find a selection of restaurants that cater for children with plenty of seating available in Departures. There aren’t any children’s shops available at the airport so it would be wise to bring activities, books and other quiet toys to keep them entertained. If you forget to bring colouring or activity books you may be able to purchase them from WH Smith.