Cardiff Airport Disabled Facilities
Facilities for those who require Special Assistance.
Facilities in the airport include:
- Passengers may retain their own wheelchairs up until boarding, however, use of airport wheelchairs is available, too
- Low level kerbs at terminal entrance and exit
- Lifts between all floors
- Specially designed toilets and adult changing facilities on first floor, as well as toilets throughout the terminal.
- Reserved Seating.
- Ambulift for boarding aircraft
- Induction loops for the deaf or hard of hearing is available wherever the sympathetic ear symbol is shown.
- Flight information monitors and tannoy announcements of all flight related messages.
- Nearest Toilet = 45.90m
- Check-in Desks = 64.42m
- Security Search = 49.10m
- Departures Lounge Waiting Area = 86.58m
- Departure Lounge to Eastern Walkway = 177m
- Departure Lounge to Western Walkway = 340.18
- Long Stay Car Park 1 to Main Terminal = 332.99m
- Long Stay Car Park 2 to Main Terminal = 174.13m
- Short Stay Car Park to Main Terminal = 85.59m
Assistance Dogs are of course welcome at Cardiff, as long as they comply with the Pet Travel Scheme (PET). We advise that at the time of booking, you check with your airline for any travelling restrictions.
Courtesy shuttle buses run continuously between the terminal and all car parks, as well as a minibus service which offers easier transportation for scooters and wheelchairs.
Charges are the same as the short and long stay car parks.
Prebook your shuttle service by calling 01446 729329 in advance of your arrival.
The Cardiff Airport PRM Team are proud to announce they are now recognised ‘Autism Champions’! The news comes after an intensive training programme with leading Autism charity, Autism Puzzles, which is great news for those who face the challenges Autism can bring to the airport experience. You can find the team 24 hours a day at the PRM desk which is located in departures.
To ensure maximum assistance make sure you contact your airline directly or through your travel agent to advise them if you have trouble with walking, need wheelchair assistance or have any special dietary requirements. This will enable any special arrangements required at the airport or during the flight, to be made. Assistance is always readily available and free of charge.
You are welcome to fly with your own mobility equipment from Cardiff, and can take your wheelchair or scooter right up to the departure gate. If this is the case, be sure to advise the airline in advance of the weight and dimensions of your items. Your mobility aid will then be waiting for you at your arrival destination.
Tips for Disabled Air Passengers
Inform your airline of your particular needs in good time and check the policy of your airline if you wish to remain in your own wheelchair to the aircraft door rather than transfer to an airline wheelchair at check-in.
Remember that there are often long walking distances within airports and that this may cause you to require assistance. Pre-arranging any necessary assistance will ensure that it’s available and that no time is lost in waiting for it to be arranged once you arrive at the airport.
- Disabled Living Foundation
0300 999 0004
- Royal National Institute for the Blind
0303 123 9999
- Action on Hearing Loss
0808 808 0123
- Holiday Care Services
0845 124 9971*
*Calls to this number will cost up to 7p per minute plus your phone company’s network access charge.